Hollywood’s most successful actor is Ryan Reynolds. He is best known for playing Deadpool and acting in The Proposal, 6 Underground, and Free Guy. Besides performing, Reynolds is a successful entrepreneur and investor with a $100 million empire. Aviation American Gin, Mint Mobile, Wrexham AFC, F1 Team Alpine, and others are among his co-owned or invested brands. This post will explain how Ryan Reynolds became a millionaire by diversifying his investments and following his passions.
Ryan Reynolds’ Acting Career
Reynolds began performing as a teenager in the early 1990s. Hillside, a Nickelodeon Canadian teen soap opera (Fifteen in the US), was his debut role. After moving to Los Angeles, he was featured in The X-Files, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, and Coming Soon. The 1998 comedy Two Guys, a Girl, and a Pizza Place featured him as Michael “Berg” Bergen, his breakout role. The program garnered four seasons of devoted fans.
Reynolds moved on to film parts, focusing on comedies like Van Wilder, Waiting, Just Friends, and Definitely, Maybe. He played a vampire hunter in Blade: Trinity, a haunting homeowner in The Amityville Horror, and a buried contractor in Buried. His greatest break came in 2016 when he played Deadpool in the Marvel Comics flick. The film grossed over $780 million worldwide, making it the highest-grossing R-rated picture. Reynolds produced and co-wrote Deadpool 2, which broke the box office record in 2018.
Reynolds has since become one of the world’s highest-paid performers, making millions from films and sponsorships. In 2020, Forbes ranked him second in actor earnings at $71.5 million, after Dwayne Johnson. Netflix’s 6 Underground, Red Notice, and Apple TV+‘s Spirited are among his successful streaming flicks. He will also reprise Deadpool in the third Marvel Cinematic Universe film.
Ryan Reynolds’ Business Empire
Reynolds has broadened his business portfolio as an actor, entrepreneur, and investor. He worked in spirits, telecommunications, sports, entertainment, technology, and more. He co-owns these brands and businesses:
- Aviation American Gin: Reynolds acquired an ownership stake in this premium gin brand in 2018 and helped boost its sales and popularity with his creative marketing campaigns. In 2020, he sold his stake to Diageo, a British multinational alcoholic beverage company, for $610 million. He still remains involved with the brand as its co-owner and spokesperson.
- Mint Mobile: Reynolds bought a minority stake in this budget wireless carrier in 2019 and became its face and voice. He also used his production company, Maximum Effort, to create viral ads for the brand. In 2023, he sold his stake to T-Mobile, the second-largest mobile phone carrier in the US, for $1.35 billion. He still retains an ongoing ownership stake and a creative role in the brand.
- Wrexham AFC: Reynolds and fellow actor Rob McElhenney bought this Welsh soccer club in 2021 for $2.5 million. They have invested in improving the club’s facilities, players, and performance, as well as increasing its fan base and exposure. They have also created a documentary series about the club, titled Welcome to Wrexham, which will air on FX and Hulu.
- F1 Team Alpine: Reynolds and McElhenney joined a group of investors backing this Formula One racing team in 2023, in a deal worth $218 million. They acquired a 24% stake in the team, which competes in the highest class of international auto racing.
- Other investments: Reynolds has also invested in various other businesses and startups, such as Nuvei, a Montreal-based payment technology company; 1Password, a password management software; Match Group, the parent company of dating apps such as Tinder and Match.com; Otro Capital, a venture capital firm focused on sports and entertainment; and more.
Ryan Reynolds’ Future Plans
Reynolds continues to perform and run businesses. The Adam Project, a sci-fi film with Shawn Levy, Imaginary Friends, Futha Mucka, Everyday Parenting Tips, and Clue are among his upcoming projects as an actor and producer.
Businessman and philanthropist Reynolds has acknowledged his interests and aims in different industries and causes.
He wants to invest in more Canadian enterprises and investigate the spirits industry’s potential, as well as support various charitable and social causes. He has donated to food banks, supported healthcare workers, promoted mental health awareness, funded indigenous education programs, and spoken out for Black Lives Matter and LGBTQ+ rights.
Reynolds has balanced his personal and business lives despite his hectic schedule and various responsibilities. After marrying Blake Lively in 2012, they had three children. The duo is renowned for their social media pranks and support of each other’s talents and causes. They have also kept their personal lives secret and shielded their children from the public.
Billionaire Ryan Reynolds is famous for his acting and business careers. He owns spirits, telecommunications, sports, entertainment, technology, and other companies. Actor, producer, entrepreneur, investor, philanthropist, and family man. One of the most renowned celebrities globally.
Check out some of our sources below to see how Ryan Reynolds became a millionaire. His recent efforts and endeavors can be followed on his social media pages. If you liked this post, please share it with friends and family who may be interested in Ryan Reynolds’ story.